As a Group Facilitator and Coach:
- I will not knowingly make any public statements that are untrue or misleading or make false claims in any written documents relating to the coaching profession.
- I will accurately create, maintain, store and dispose of any records of work done in relation to the practice of coaching in a way that promotes confidentiality and complies with any applicable laws.
- Members shall always be honest about the nature of their titles and degrees when referring to them to the general public, the media, and within the confines of our profession.
- Colleagues: Members shall treat other coaches without public defamation.
Professional Conduct With Clients
- I will be responsible for setting clear, appropriate, and culturally sensitive boundaries that govern any physical contact that I may have with my clients.
- I will not become sexually involved with any of my clients.
- I will construct clear agreements with my clients and will honour all agreements made in the context of professional coaching relationships.
- I will ensure that, prior to or at the initial session, my coaching client understands the nature of coaching, the bounds of confidentiality, financial arrangements and other terms of the coaching agreement.
- I will respect the client's right to terminate coaching at any point during the process. I will be alert to indications that the client is no longer benefiting from our coaching relationship.
- If I believe the client would be better served by another coach, or by another resource,I will encourage the client to make a change.
- Client Welfare: Members shall make the physical and mental well-being of each client a prime consideration.
- Client Safety: Members shall not engage in verbal, physical or emotional abuse of any
- Practice Limits: Members shall coach each client within the limits of their training and competence and in conformity to the laws of their state or province.
- Reasonable Practice: Members shall withhold coaching if a client's behaviour, appearance or statements would lead a reasonable person to believe that the client should be evaluated by a licensed health care professional.
Conflicts of Interest
I will seek to avoid conflicts between my interests and the interests of my clients.
CCF Pledge of Ethics
As a facilitator and coach, I acknowledge and agree to honour my ethical obligations to my coaching clients and colleagues and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with the CCF Code of Ethics, to treat people with dignity as independent and equal human beings, and to model these standards with those whom I coach. If I breach this Pledge of Ethics or any part of the CCF Code of Ethics, I agree that CCF in its sole discretion may hold me accountable for so doing. I further agree that my accountability to the CCF for any breach may include loss of my CCF membership and/or my CCF credentials.